VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT OR FORMER PARTICIPANTS OF SKILLS/COMPETETENCES CANADA OR PROVINCIAL SKILLS CANADA COMPETITIONS WHO ARE PROFESSIONALS, APPRECENTICES OR STUDENTS IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATED CONSTRUCTION TRADES: Autobody Repair; Automobile Technology; Bricklaying; Carpentry; Cabinetmaking; CNC Machining; Electrical Installations; Heavy Equipment Technology; Industrial Mechanic; Landscape Gardening; Mechanical Engineering; Mechatronics; Outdoor Power & Recreation Equipment; Plumbing; Precision Machining; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; Streamfitter/Pipefitter; Sheet Metal Work; Sprinkler Fitter; Welding; Workplace Safety
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to current or former participants in Skills/Compétences Canada or provincial Skills Canada competitions who meet all of the following eligibility requirements: (a) legal resident of Canada; (b) have reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry in this Contest; and (c) professional, apprentice or student in any of the following designated construction trades: Advanced DIY; Automotive; Builder/Remodeler Concrete; Drywaller; Electrical; Framing & Roofing; Landscaper; Mechanical & Plumbing; Metalworking; Pipefitter; and Woodworking. Employees (and each of their respective immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members) and/or people living in same household (related or not)) of Sponsor, Skills/Compétences Canada, provincial Skills Canada organizations, persons and entities associated with this Contest, and each of their respective affiliates (individually and collectively, “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Contest. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Void where prohibited by law.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: A random drawing will be held on May 20, 2019 at approximately 10:00 A.M. ET at Sponsor’s Mississauga office for each of the ten (10) Canadian provinces and three (3) Canadian territories. The one (1) Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner” of that respective province or territory. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received for each province and territory. AN ENTRANT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM OF PRIZE: Each potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email within four (4) business days after the random drawing is held. Each potential Winner must respond to Sponsor and claim the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”) within three (3) business days after such notification or such potential Winner’s prize will be forfeited. The Declaration and Release confirms the potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. In addition, each potential Winner must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance no later than five (5) business days after Sponsor’s first notification attempt. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor any potential Winner does not respond to such notification from Sponsor to accept prize, does not return the Declaration and Release to Sponsor and successfully complete the skills-based question within the designated time period(s), if notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, if any potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise disqualified from this Contest (including for failure to correctly answer the skills-based question) and/or has not complied with these Official Rules or declines prize for any reason, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize and Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winning notification or documentation relating to this Contest that is lost, intercepted, delayed in delivery or not received by any potential Winner for any reason. To be declared a “Winner” each potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, fully comply with these Official Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance. Prize award is subject to verification by Sponsor. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZE: The prize is comprised of qualifying DEWALT products, of the Winner’s choice*, having a combined total approximate retail value of $500 CAD. The prize will be shipped to each Winner up to twelve (12) weeks after he/she is declared an official Winner by Sponsor. Sponsor will ship the prize via regular ground mail to each Winner’s physical address (cannot ship to a post office box) as provided at the time of entry. The approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $6,500 CAD. Each Winner is responsible for all taxes on the prize. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any taxes, fees, costs, or expenses incurred by any entrant in connection with their claim and/or use of the prize awarded. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for credit or cash and no substitution will be made except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of a prize for a prize, or part, of equal or greater value, for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. * - subject to availability.
6. CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees on behalf of him/herself and each of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers, successors and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, Contest prize suppliers and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, designees, agents, mandataries, representatives, shareholders, affiliates, owners and licensees (individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, rights claims and causes of action that entrant may have or which may arise against the Released Parties for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or personal or property damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize; (B) to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself; and (C) that Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from this Contest, for the theft of the prize or mail, for any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor makes no warranties or conditions, and hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or collateral, concerning any prize or any portion thereof furnished in connection with this Contest. These Official Rules cannot be modified in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor and any such amendment will be located on the Entry Site. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings of paragraphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, modify or construe the meanings of Sponsor, scope of these Official Rules or the intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing or reproduction of these Official Rules or any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) from each Winner for Sponsor and its designees to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photograph (whether still or in video), image, voice, address (city and province/territory), prize information and any statements, testimonial or remarks made about winning a prize or entering this Contest (“Attributes”) for advertising and promotional purposes and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. Each Winner agrees to release Sponsor and its designees from all claims arising out of such Attributes.
8. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Subject to applicable laws, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Contest if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that this Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to applicable laws Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, subject to applicable laws. If this Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will, if possible, select the potential Winners in random drawings from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such random drawings shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
9. DISPUTES: SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ThIS Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the PROVINCE OF ontario AND the FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE province of ontario AND FEDERAL COURTS OF CANADA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR OPPORTUNITY OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. OFFICIAL RULES; LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain these Official Rules or Winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 6275 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7K6 Canada, Attn.: P. Fudali / #TradeStory Contest, and specify whether you request the Official Rules or Winners’ names. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by June 30, 2019.