Top 10 Lithium Ion Battery Storage & Safety Tips
This year, the Power Tool Institute is encouraging you to Take Charge Of Your Battery through proper battery selection, usage, transportation, storage and disposal – regardless of your DEWALT cordless power tool platform.
Here are our top ten tips for getting the most out of you Lithium Ion batteries, helping to maximize performance and runtime:
- Use only authentic DEWALT batteries for best performance and safe compatibility with DEWALT tools and chargers.
- Store and charge batteries in a cool, dry location.
- Avoid exposing batteries to liquids, oils, or extreme temperatures.
- Clean batteries with a clean, slightly damp cloth; do not use solvents.
- If your battery no longer holds a charge, take them to a DEWALT Service Center near you for fast, free, and safe disposal.
- Follow proper transportation guidelines. For instance, engage the red transport cap when shipping FLEXVOLT batteries.
- Disengage battery from tool before placing into storage for extended periods.
- Fully charge battery before storing for extended periods (longer than 6 months).
- Do not use batteries with visible damage or cracks.
- Visit a DEWALT Service Center for help with your battery. Do not attempt repair or service.
Ready to dispose of your batteries? Find a service center near you for safe Lithium Ion battery disposal – regardless of manufacturer.
For more information about battery safety, visit TakeChargeOfYourBattery.com