DEWALT Tape Measure Giveaway 2020
DEWALT® TAPE MEASURE GIVEAWAY 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH
INSTAGRAM, INC., OR FACEBOOK, INC.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are legal residents in Canada (Excluding Quebec), have reached the age of majority or older in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members) and/or people living in the same household (related or not) of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. or their affiliates (individually and collectively, “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
(B) visit Sponsor’s Instagram® page at https://www.instagram.com/dewalttough/ ("Sponsor’s Instagram page");
(D) on the Giveaway post, comment #DEWALTTOUGH or reply to the Instagram story using #DEWALTTOUGH
(A) visit www.facebook.com and log into your valid Facebook® account;
(B) visit Sponsor’s Facebook® page at https://www.facebook.com/dewalt/ ("Sponsor’s Facebook page");
(D) on the Giveaway post, comment #DEWALTTOUGH
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (“Mail-In entry”) -- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Entrants may enter this Contest by doing the following:
(1) Go the Entry Site and download and print the entry form;
(2) Complete the entry form in its entirety;
(3) Mail your completed entry form to STANLEY BLACK AND DECKER – 6275 MILLCREEK DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA ON, L5N 1L8, CANADA, ATTN: P. FUDALI and include “DEWALT Tape Measure Giveaway – 2020” on the outer envelope;
(4) Mail-In entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received by DEWALT at the above address no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on July 21, 2020;
(5) Full responsibility for the proper postage rests solely with entrant (you);
(6) Mail-In entries must be submitted by entrant (you) and contain all required information;
(7) Limit of one (1) Mail-in entry per entrant;
(8) DEWALT is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible Mail-in entries; and
(9) Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of any Mail-in entries by DEWALT.
Video files and photos are not an acceptable format for entry in this Giveaway. Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per social media platform. Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of an entrant’s submitted entry by Instagram, Inc. and its affiliates or by Instagram® users. Entries must reflect entrant’s personal experience, contain a comment or caption that is responsive to Section 2(D) above, and cannot contain any objectionable or inappropriate content, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering this Giveaway, each entrant represents and warrants that their Entry is original, and they own all right and title thereto and their Entry does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights. Entrants agree to assign and hereby do assign to Sponsor the ownership rights to the Entries. To the extent any such ownership rights are owned by or obligated to be assigned to Instagram, Inc. or its affiliates, the entrant agrees to assign and hereby does assign all remaining ownership rights to Sponsor, and agrees to grant, and hereby does grant, to Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license under any rights owned by or obligated to be assigned to Instagram, Inc. or its affiliates. Entries must be entered at one time and once an entrant submits their Entry, it cannot be changed. Entries will be reviewed for content by Sponsor and Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry, in its sole and absolute discretion. Entry in this Giveaway constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image and Entry for
purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and may not be acknowledged. If Sponsor determines that an entrant has entered this Giveaway more than once, such entrant’s first Entry will be the only valid Entry and the other entries will be voided. If this Giveaway is not completed in accordance with these Official Rules, including if the entry does not contain the required subject criteria, the entrant’s entry will be voided. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial Giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Giveaway. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram® account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an Instagram® account by Instagram, Inc. An entry will be disqualified if it is forged, falsified, altered or impro1perly tampered with in any way.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing will be held on or about July 27, 2020. Winners will be selected from the comments on the Instagram and Facebook post. The fourteen (14) Entries drawn will be declared the potential “Winners”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via Instagram or Facebook inbox message and/or comment within five (5) days after the drawing is held. The potential Winner must accept the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first notification attempt -- failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is not received by the potential Winner for any reason. If the potential Winner does not respond to notification and accept the prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize. If the potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner from amongst all remaining eligible Entries.
5. PRIZE: The twenty (20) prizes to be awarded are:
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) (CAD$)
DEWALT 25 FT XP™ TAPE MEASURE
DEWALT T-SHIRT AND DEWALT STICKERS
TOTAL PRIZE ARV:
The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner should allow up to eight (8) weeks before the prize is shipped to them after they have been declared the official Winner by Sponsor. The prize will be mailed to the Winner’s USA street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via regular ground mail. The prize ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. The combined value of all prizes is $1,499.80. All income and other taxes (federal, provincial, territorial and local) on the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the prize constitutes the Winner's permission for Sponsor to use the Winner's name, photograph, video, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, testimonial (in whole or part), prize information and address (city and state) (collectively, "Attributes") for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and the Winner releases Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this GIVEAWAY, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless and indemnify the Giveaway Entities,
Instagram, Inc. or Facebook, Inc., Giveaway prize suppliers, Instagram, Inc., all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in this Giveaway; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to depiction of the prize or announcement of the Winner.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance,
terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. ZIKA virus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall
be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope to DEWALT® Tape Week Giveaway, 6275 MILLCREEK DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA ON, L5N 1L8, CANADA, ATTN: P. FUDALI. All such requests must be received by August 30, 2020.
Instagram® is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.